I. Philosophy and Content of the Journal
Xia Jing Shan, the founder of Shan Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation, has been devoted to non-profit cultural and arts events for years. Bearing the philosophy of “selflessly contribute to society” in mind, Master Xia established ”Journal of Xia Jing Shan’s Art.” The journal is an academic journal published by Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation, and with the hope of publishing internationally, it is in bilingual languages. Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation passes on Xia’s core philosophy intactly in a way that “selflessly and effectively” contributing to the society and conserving the artworks of Xia. If you have any articles and reviews regarding Master Xia Jing Shan, including his central idea, his life, or art appreciation, specific research topics, reviews and other academic papers, we welcome you to send your papers to us.
II. Purpose of the Journal
“Journal of Xia Jing Shan's Art” (hereinafter as “the Journal”), first published in 2016, is an academic journal. The Journal is published semi-annually in March and September by “Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation” (hereinafter as “the Foundation”) . After obtaining consent from the author, articles published on the Journal will be uploaded to the official website of the Foundation for readers to download.
III. Call for Papers
The Journal is an art journal. We are now call for papers covering the following topics:
- 1.Appreciations, reviews, studies and comparative researches on paintings and calligraphy works of Xia Jing Shan, the founder of the Foundation.
- 2.Researches and studies on Xia Jing Shan’s life of art creation.
- 3.Studies on Chinese religious painting (such as Avalokiteśvara, Arhat, Bodhidharma and Zhong Kui).
- 4.Studies on the comparison of religious art between Chinese and Western culture.
- 1.Please do not submit the same paper more than once. Please follow the format provided by the Journal or we have the right to return your paper for revision.
- 2.Papers that pass the initial review by the journal editors will be evaluated by experts. Articles that fail to pass the initial review will be informed within three months.
- 3.Papers will be sent for full review by experts recommended by editorial board after passing the initial review. The review will be double blind and least two reviewers (experts and scholars) are required.
- 4.Reviewers will submit the comments in four categories, “Accept,” “Accept with revision,” “Re-review after revision” and “Reject.” The results will be informed to the author within two weeks after the completion of review.
- 5.The review criteria is based on academic values; we ask for papers whose theories are innovative, comments instructive or having contributing results on data collection and analysis.
- 6.The journal editor will deliberate the papers that listed as “accepted,” and the chief editor will decide whether to publish the papers on the Journal based on the feedback provided by the experts/scholars.
- 7.Layout settings: Papers submitted to the Journal must follow the format regulated by the Journal. Use A4 writing paper for Chinese and English manuscript. Margin: Upper and lower margin: 2.54 cm. Right and left margin: 2.54 cm. The amount of words for the article shall be between 10,000 to 30,000 words. Body (together with all charts, notes and appendices, etc.) shall be between 12 pages to 35 pages of length. Chinese and English abstract and references are not included in the word counts. Only Chinese or English (or both, if possible) computer typing is accepted. Save the file in Word 2007 file format. Horizontal arrangement (left to right). Fonts: Times New (新細明體) for Chinese and Times New Roman for English. Font size 12. One-and-a-half line spacing (1.5). 31 lines per page and 34 words per line.
- 8.Key points: Cover page, Chinese and English abstract, body and references.
- Please include your basic information on the cover page, including title of the paper, your name (both in Chinese and English), company name, job title and your highest level of education (and which school), academic expertise, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail.
2)Chinese and English abstract:
- Insert Chinese abstract (150-500 words), Chinese keywords (up to 5), English abstract (100-300 words) and English keywords (up to 5) after the cover page. For Chinese abstract, first line of each paragraph shall be indented 2 spaces while the words“關鍵字 (Keywords)” shall be at the next paragraph under the last sentence of abstract, putting in bold and be indented 2 spaces. For English abstract, there is no need for the first line of each paragraph to be indented. While “keywords” shall be at the next paragraph under the last sentence of abstract, putting in italics and be indented 4 spaces.
- Following the abstract is the body, including charts, notes and appendices. Other than the cover page, please do not reveal any personal information.
- First in Chinese and then in English. For Chinese, the reference materials must be arranged by the author's last name (surname) by character stroke order in Chinese. For English, the reference materials must be arranged in alphabetical order by the surname of the author. For Chinese, the title of the book, name of the paper and volume number shall be put in bold. For English title and papers, make the first letter capital and the rest lowercase and in italics. For foreign periodicals, make important words capital, while the name of the periodical and volume number shall be in italics. There is no need for indentation for the first line of each reference, while the second line shall be indented 4 spaces.
- 9.The format for the numbers in the paper:
I.(Font size 18, bold)
1.(Font size 16, bold)
(1)(Font size 14, bold)
1. (Font size 12)
(1) (Font size 12)
- 10.All charts and illustrations must be numbered throughout the paper. The number shall be in Arabic numbers and then indent one space. The number and title of a chart shall be put “above” the chart; the number and title of a picture/illustration shall be put “below” the picture/illustration.
- 11. All names and terms with foreign origin, please use ( ) to cite the original text. The year shall be in AD. (Eg. Xia Jing Shan, 2016)
- 12. Cite your references in APA format. Year of the reference shall be in AD. The main examples are as follows:
- Author, A. A. (Year). Title of book. Location: Publisher.
- Author, A. A. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, xx (xx), xx-xx.
- For more instance, please visit National Taiwan Arts Education Center at:http://www.arte.gov.tw/index.asp
- If the article is adapted from a thesis, place an acknowledgement at the end of the article to thank the researchers involved and organizations granting the award.
V. Review Process
- 1.Editors: The journal editing will be organized by Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation
- 2.Papers published on the Journal: Call for papers are open now
- 3.Please submit your file email@example.com the e-mail subject of “Paper for the Journal on Xia Jing Shan’s Art”
- 4.The papers will be sent to two experts/scholars for review (double blind) and with the principle on the avoidance of conflict of interest. The results of review are divided into three categories:
- 1)Accepted without revision
- 2)Accepted. But the author has to revise paper based on the instructions provided by the reviewers. The paper will be published on the Journal once it passes the re-review after revision.
- 3)Rejected. If the results of two reviewers are different, then the paper will be sent to a third person to review and determine.
- 5.Those who pass the review have to agree that the Foundation has the right to publish the papers in print or electronic format.
- 1.Papers submitted must follow the format provided by the Journal as abovementioned. Due to requirements of editing, the Journal has the right to recommend revision and the right to refine.
- 2.Once the paper is accepted, the author has to sign a consent to assign copyright. Unauthorized reproduction and reprint is not allowed. However, the author still retains the right for nonprofit individual uses, such as publishing the paper in his/her own book in the future or use the paper to lecture.
- 3.Once the papers are published on the Journal, five volumes of the Journal will be given to the author. In addition, each paper will receive a honorarium provided by the Foundation.
- 4.Papers that are rejected will be informed by the Journal. However, the electronic file, disc and manuscript will not be returned. Please make and keep a copy before submitting your article.
- 5.Please do not plagiarize, re-write, infringe copyright or submit the same paper more than one time. For author associated with copyright infringement or responsibility of speech, the author shall assume legal liability.