Xia Jing Shan has devoted to Buddhism arts for years. People could easily relate themselves to the mercy and wisdom of Chinese traditional arts through Xia's work. The foundation aims to preserve the art pieces created by Xia through the past years and to pass on Buddhism arts, as well as expanding and elaborating the beauty of Chinese culture and arts through charity.
Stage Objective: cross-strait cooperation, global cultural exchange, passing on the quintessence of Chinese heritages. "Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation" was officially launched in Taiwan in 2014, expecting to organize various cultural events to promote the foundation. Mutual resources enjoyed by cross-strait is a must, and thus achieve the goal of global cultural exchange, and practice welfare purposes, as well as passing on Xia's precious artworks from generations to generations.
Event Planning of "Xia Jing Shan Arts and Culture Foundation"
First stage, eight projects for the establishment of cross-strait cooperation
1. Xia Jing Shan's touring exhibitions
2. Cross-strait and international cultural group exchange
3. Organize non-profit art lectures of Xia Jing Shan
4. Establish the School of Xia Jing Shan
5. Multimedia marketing campaigns
6. Documentary film featured on Xia Jing Shan's work
7. Publish the collection of Buddhist paintings by Xia Jing Shan
8. Promote the digitalization of Xia Jing Shan Buddhist paintings
In addition to show Xia’s work to the public through the form of exhibitions, galleries and a variety of cultural activities, it is expected to cooperate with major exhibition centers to provide comprehensive and artistic platforms for community of Taiwan.
Second stage: global cultural exchange, passing on the quintessence of Chinese heritages
Based on the achievement of cross-strait organizations' cooperation, we further to achieve global cultural exchange, and, at the same time, adhere to the concept of passing on inheritance and Chinese national essence. In addition to establish Chinese websites, we will also establish other languages in the website in the future. To optimize global cultural exchanges and carry forward the traditional heritages, we propose the following principles:
1. To provide a better platform to display a collection of Xia Jing Shan’s artistic creations as well as his creative notion
2. To establish physical and digital instructions in multiple languages
3. To enrich the collections of multimedia information and facilitate collaborations in artistic activities
4. To create an Internet-based, automated, and user-friendly management interface
5. To standardize the database using the best practice and normalize the database specifications
6. To facilitate multinational collaborations in culture and art as well as relevant research